Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ashlyn Mikel Bass






In honor of Cinco de Mayo,we decided to go eat Mexican with Chris and Marie Thum. I was not sure if I felt like going because I had been having some contractions off and on but I was not really sure becuase I have never gone into labor naturally. And I figured I would see if the old wives tale was true - that mexican food can send you into labor. And it sure enough did. I woke up with strong contractions wednesday morning - they were about 25 seconds long and 3-4 minutes apart. I had a doctors appt scheduled for 10am but Daniel finally talked me into calling to see if I could come in a little early in case I was really in labor. When i got there the doctor told me I was already 5cm dilated and to head striaght to the hospital. He also told me not to sneeze on the way there because my water might break!! So we dropped Madi off at the Mehaffies and went on to the hospital. Things moved pretty quick after that and before we knew it the doctor literally tossed little Ashlyn up on my lap! I have tons more pics and will post them in the next few days hpoefully especially the ones of Madi meeting her new little sister!

No comments: