Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Potty Training in MORE than a Day





After fininshing the book "Potty Training in One Day" I decided it was worth a try. Madi has not been showing all the signs of being ready but she is a smart, verbal girl so I figured she would pick it up pretty quickly. So we geared up and got ready - we picked a beach theme and decorated the whole house so when she woke up that Monday morning she would know it was going to be a special day. We decided it would be best for Daniel to stay home all day with her and do this since I am nursing Ash and that could be distracting. They fed the "birds" I had hanging from the ceiling, read books in the "tent, played "beach volleyball" and lots of other fun stuff all while training her little dolly how to potty. She was buying it for the most part. At lunch, we had a party to celebrate Dolly's potty success (hints the pictures. After lunch started the dissappointment. Madi peed on about everything in the house except the potty. She loved her new panties but I think she loved changing them more than wearing them! By 2:30 Daniel was so frustrated he quit and I had to takeover. After about an hour with her I knew why he was frustrated. She did end the day however by taking a poop on the potty which was good since I have heard some kids are scared to do that. So, all this to say we lost a day of our life which is really no big deal and are now we have her back in diapers waiting for her to tell us when she is ready - everyone now is telling me its a lot faster that way. We will see!

1 comment:

Katie said...

This is the cutest thing I've heard in awhile!