Monday, March 29, 2010

Mini Vacation






Well, I am sitting at home recovering from my 3rd flu-like virus of the year - it is crazy how much sickness a second kid adds around your house! At least it gives me some time to update the blog and Madi gets extra cuddly when she is sick so I always love that!

Anyways, last weekend we drove to Wilmington and spent 2 days at Carolina Beach for a little mini-vacation with our family. It was suprisingly very relaxing - not that I thought it was going to be stressful I just did not envision being able to sit in my beach chair and close my eyes for a few minutes at a time. Madi is at the perfect beach age because she is so creative and loves using her imagination so she can play for hours in the sand and entertain herself. And Ash (like her cousins Aleyna and Lexi)loves to eat the sand so she also can entertain herself for quite a long time! When she got fussy we just put her down for a nap out there in her car seat or in our arms and she would go right to sleep. We ate out a lot which is always a treat for us and enjoyed lots of snacks on the beach. The only thing missing from our vacation was sleeping in - haha!

No comments: