I think all our cards home to our dad were late but I did manage to get Daniel some special treats from the girls. Madi wrapped them up in a really cute plastic, CVS bag and tied them (kind of) with a pretty ribbon. She loved helping him open them because she knew he would share the "gems" with her - sour patch kids and swedish fish - we also threw in some ink pens to mix things up a bit becasue Daniel has been on this new kick of trying to find a pen he really likes. Madison colored him a really nice card - you can see her name on the right side of it in the pic!
Daniel really is doing a great job with the girls. He loves geting down on their level and playing with them, reading to them, training them in obedience and loving on them often! He is also quick to look for opportunities to serve me when it comes to them whether it's carrying one of them when I am exhausted or giving consequences when I amd "done" for the day and cannot handle another whiny, complaining attitude. Working so closely with college students, I hear so many stories of dads who were never there physically or emotionally, or were there but were physically or emotionally abusive. It breaks my heart because it really does effect the way they view God and themselves and others today. I am grateful Daniel is committed to being there for our girls and loving them as best he knows how with God's help.
PS How much does Madi continue to look just like her daddy????
No comments:
Post a Comment