After just a 2 day wait (from our due date), I woke up last Thursday morning to contractions that were 1-1 1/2 minutes apart...after making the bed, having Daniel take the trash out, getting all the wet pool stuff from the day before out of the van to dry, Daniel finally convinced mt to get in the shower...he knew things were moving fast and so did I but for some reason all those things "needed" to be done before we could leave for the hospital...we put a call into the doctor to tell him how close the contractions were and that it was our 3rd child and that I generally have quick labors - I thought for sure he would call right back and tell me to hustle in but he never called...after about 45 minutes I called him back to see what the deal was -apparently I had left him the wrong number - way to go Mikel! Daniel was slightly freaked out at this point because we still were not at the hospital and contractions were coming every minute not to mention we had no gas in our car. Of course, calm, cool and collected me insisted it was no big deal to go ahead and stop and fill up on our way to the hospital...I think Daniel put like $2 in the car and then hurried us on...I was 5cm when wea rrived and the nurse told the doctor I was "cookin"... after an hour of pretty hardcore contractions I received an amazing epidural and turned into chatty cathy...we loved our nurse and our doctor and had all kinds of funnny conversations with them...after sending my parents back down to wait for a few hours so we could decide on a boys name in case that's what we had the nurse checked me and I was already 10cm...after three good pushes we got to see our long awaited suprise - MISS Audrey Lee Bass....our 3rd girl despite what everyone thought! I could not have asked for things to go any better and we are loving having her home.
8 years ago
1 comment:
Love reading about Audrey's birth story- we are so excited for your new family of 5!
Post a Comment