Monday, May 3, 2010

Doctor Party






A few things about this party...

1. We took about 10 pictures of the whole thing which I am really sad about it but between trying to talk to people, watch kids and do party games I just totally forgot so go to http://nattandmatt.blogspot.com/ for a few more pictures that are good
2. At one point I realized we had people there who had graduated from NC State, students who are still at NC State, athletes from NC State, friends from MOPS, friends from church, friends we met in our neighborhood, friends from our staff team and of course our family! I am reminded of the people God has brought into our lives to love us and our girls - it is such a blessing!
3. I finally got to do some party games. I had some planned for Madi's party last year but I think they were all a little young. It was fun to get them all together and do a few organized things. We did "heart surgery" with jello molds, had a "pill bottle" hunt and settled our stomachs with some "koolaid seltzer" in water bottles - I think they all had fun. And then I had a "Bass Family Hospital" set up under a tent with a waiting room and a fully equipped doctor's office.
4. We decided not to open presents during the party after some encouragement from a friend (thanks Alinna). It was such a good idea because every year I just end up standing there opening presents by myself and thanking everyone cause Maid has moved on to something else. This let all of us just enjoy each other's company and put less of a focus on the gifts!

No comments: