One of the bonuses of traveling to the reunion was that we got to stop in Greensboro and celebrate my brother Michael's 27th birthday. We had a great dinner cooked my Dad and Vickie. As usual, my Dad had a few tricks up his sleeves - he took it upon himself to decorate Michael's cake. My brother just got a job as a Federal Probation Officer hints the word "proby" (if that is even a word??)and I guess he put the fake gun on there because he thought it represented the law of some sort. You never know exactly what is going on in my Dad's head - but it will always be thoughtful!!
Let me take a minute to tell you about my brother. Michael and I are 18 months apart and played together well as little kids - I mostly bossed him around and he did what I said. As we got older, especially in high school and college, we kind of went our seperate ways and pursued our own interests as we both tried to discover who we were and what we wanted in life. Since then, Micahel and I have become great friends. I am so proud of all that he has accomplished. About junior year of college, he decided he would set some goals and he far exceeded them. This hard work recently earned him a really great job with some really great people. I am so thankful he is my brother and that he loves and accepts me and Daniel just like we are - always messing up and a little quirky (well, that's mostly Daniel - haha). I am also thankful he loves our girls so much. It has been fun to see him relax since we have had Ash and really start playing with Madison. I love his wife Jaclyn too. We are polar opposites (except in looks as you can see from the picture) - she was in a sorority, is trendy and could talk to a wall for hours - I played sports, have never been trendy and like some quiet - but it works for us and we have so much fun together!So glad we are close by one another!
At one point during Michael's party, it got really quiet. That's when we found Madi proudly throwing small, styrofoam pieces all over my Dad and Vickie's bed. What a mess she is!
No comments:
Post a Comment